Robert Tauler is a trial lawyer specializing in false advertising, fraud and fashion litigation. Mr. Tauler has won several multi-million dollar jury trials, including most recently a $10.2 million dollar jury verdict affirmed in all respects by the California Court of Appeal in 2019. Mr. Tauler was named Attorney of the Year in 2016 by the Westside Bar Association and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, New York Post, and The Guardian.
Mr. Tauler has previously worked at the law firm of Greenberg Traurig in Los Angeles, where his experience ranged from representing Fortune 500 companies, such as Citigroup and IAC to start-ups and charitable foundations.
Mr. Tauler obtained his J.D. from Harvard Law School. Prior to graduation, he was a judicial clerk for the Honorable John Lim in the Intermediate Court of Appeals of Hawaii. He earned his B.A. in political science with honors from the University of California, Irvine.
Mr. Tauler is admitted to practice law in the state of California, and is licensed to practice before the U.S. District Court, in all federal courts in California, as well as the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas. Additionally, Mr. Tauler has been admitted pro hac vice and litigated matters in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Arkansas, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Georgia, and Wisconsin.
- Won unanimous $10.2 million dollar jury verdict against supplement manufacturer in breach of fiduciary and conversion action. The jury awarded over a million dollars punitive damages and emotional damages.
- Obtained $2.1 million dollar jury verdict in property investment dispute as co-counsel, including punitive damages.
- Successfully defended a real estate holding corporation and several individual defendants after a seven day jury trial, obtaining dismissal of 23 claims, including fraud and breach of fiduciary duty, in litigation that spanned close to three years. Remaining claims resolved during jury deliberations.
- Obtained permanent injunction against supplement manufacturer for illicit distribution of misbranded nutritional supplements.
- Obtained outright dismissal of lawsuit against modeling agency and award of attorney’s fees under California Anti-Slapp statute.
- Obtained dismissal on motion to dismiss in lawsuit brought by law firm against national recruiting firm. The dismissal was affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained dismissal of suit brought by Starbucks Corporation against outdoor furniture company.
- Obtained trial verdict for defendant in personal injury claim stemming from vehicular misconduct.
- Represented film producers in litigation arising out of feature length award-winning documentary.
- Represented major fashion designer in intellectual property litigation involving handbag design.
- Certified Nutraceuticals, LLC, manufacturer and retailer of collagen supplements.
- Athletic XTreme, manufacturer and retailer of sports supplements.
- The Industry Model Group, LLC, a national modeling agency.
- Taran Butler, world champion sport shooter and celebrity trainer.
- Lateral Link, a national legal recruiting firm.
- Maceoo, maker of mens luxury clothing.