Collection of Information
If you fill out a contact form on our Website, you may choose to provide certain types of personal information, including your name, email address, phone number, and other data you voluntarily provide to us. We may retain a record of this personal information.
Additionally, through your use of our Website, we may collect other types of personal information from you, including:
- Identification Data: This may include your name, mailing address, gender, and occupation or job title.
- Contact Information: This may include your email address, phone number, and social media account information.
- Financial Data: This may include bank account information and invoice details.
- Mailing List Data: This may include your subscriptions, downloads, usernames, and passwords.
- Legal Compliance Data: This may include your identification data, date of birth, mailing address, and other information needed as part of our client-onboarding process.
- Cookies: This may include information about your visit to our Website, your IP address, the URLs of other websites and pages you visited (before, during, or after visiting our Website), the dates and times of your visits to those other websites and pages, your computer hardware and software information, and your location and time zone setting. When you use our Website, the Firm may place “cookies” on your computer to recognize you on return visits to the Website.
Use of Information
By using our Website, you consent to allowing the Firm to use your personal information for certain purposes:
- Legal Services: We may use your personal information for the provision of legal services. Depending on the nature of the work that the Firm does for you, it may also be necessary to provide your personal information to third parties, including expert witnesses and other professional advisers.
- Client and Vendor Relationships: We may use your personal information to help process invoices, update client records, and manage vendor relationships. This information may include identification data, contact information, financial data, and other service data.
- Client Communication and Feedback: We may use your personal information in our communications with you. This may include responding to your questions, providing technical support, informing you about promotional offers, soliciting feedback, and other communications.
- Marketing Messages: We may use your personal information to communicate with you through email alerts, invitations, and newsletters about the Firm’s events, seminars, or services.
- Website Improvements: We may use your personal information and cookie and device data to improve the functionality of our Website.
- Website Security: We may use your personal information and cookie and device data to ensure the security of our Website, as well as to prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
- Legal or Regulatory Compliance: We may use your personal information in connection with legal or regulatory inquiries or requests.
Sharing of Information
By using our Website, you consent to allowing the Firm to share your personal information with certain recipients:
- Internal Legal Services: We may share your personal information within the Firm to provide you with legal services.
- Outside Legal Services: We may share your personal information with professional advisers, partners, and agents of the Firm to provide you with legal services.
- Vendors: We may share your personal information with vendors who are performing services for the Firm. This information may include identification data, contact information, financial data, and other service data. It may be necessary for vendors to use your data to carry out their services.
- Law Enforcement or Regulatory Agencies: We may share your personal information with any law enforcement, regulatory, or government agency that requests the information in connection with an inquiry, subpoena, court order, or other legal or regulatory procedure. We may also share your personal information to defend the Firm against legal claims.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have a right to request access to specific pieces of the personal information we have collected about you in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to Knowledge: You have a right to receive information from the Firm regarding the categories of personal information we collected, the purposes for which we collected and shared personal information, the categories of personal information we sold, the categories of third parties to whom personal information was sold, and the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to Equality: You have the right to be free from discrimination. The Firm will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights granted to you by the CCPA.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request deletion or erasure of the personal information that you provided to us, so long as the processing of any such request can be done by the Firm in a way that complies with the law.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights granted under the CCPA, you must submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You should include a description of the information you are inquiring about.
Our Website tracks certain information when you view or use the Website through “cookies,” which are small text files with information that is saved to your device. The information tracked by cookies may include the referring URL (i.e., the website you came from), the type of browser you use, the device you connected from, the date and time of your access, and other data. The cookies allow the Website to recognize you if you visit the Website again.
Cookies are used by the Firm to monitor performance of the Website and to improve user experience. Cookies may also be placed on your device by third parties such as Google Analytics.
You can block or disable cookies on your device by changing the preferences in your browser. You can also delete cookies that have been stored on your device. To learn more about cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Links to Other Websites
How We Protect Your Information
While we have implemented measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or any other data you disclose online. There are inherent risks with sending confidential or sensitive information via email, and there are inherent risks to sharing personal information on the Internet. By using our Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks, and you also agree that you will not hold the Firm responsible for any breach of security.
How Long We Retain Your Information
No Attorney-Client Relationship Established
Your use of the Firm’s Website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Firm, nor does your communicating with us via email create an attorney-client relationship. The only way to establish an attorney-client relationship with the Firm is through a signed agreement.
By using our Website, you consent to receive direct marketing messages through email alerts, invitations, and newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive these email alerts, or to be included on a mailing list, you can opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the relevant electronic communication or by sending an email to email@example.com.